Friday, May 02, 2008

EARTHTONES
Fashion Lookbook
by Manna Rosewood



Using Kamoana Shell Jewelry Sets as Inspiration for Outfits
Formal, Beachwear and Casual








A lot of times it can be rather confusing matching up eccentric jewelry with the right outfit. Some people may wear jewelry habitually like a pair of shoes or a comfortable hairstyle but jewelry, like all your accessories, make up real flavor to an outfit. So here are a few looks today using EARTHTONES new Kamoana shell jewelry set as inspiration.



Look #1 Formal - The visual ad for Kamoana sets features this gorgeous dress by Casa del Shai. Its sold as a "bridal dress" but my first thought after looking at the design is "couture gown". I love its simplicity and the way it wraps around your body like a beach dress. The bosom is embraced with a petal shape that can be accentuated even more by removing the shoulder puffs. Of course my vote is to keep the puffs. I always like mermaid style dresses because they show off a woman's figure in a very classic way. The dress comes in white but I tinted all its parts a very subtle pink. The skin is from Lovey Darlings 'Lovey's Boutique' in Peach, bonbon. Lovey's skins are rich and succulent and very wholesome in appearance. Sassy on cute younger shapes but maintaining elegance on my shape as well. I'm very glad this subtle makeup matched my sculpted orchid from Ashira Legien. Which was originally an earring but I enlarged it donning it as a hair piece. The set of earrings are touch-texture change so you get a multitude of options. The hair is Loraine from ETD and I love how elegant and exotic this style is. If all let loose I imagine it would be long and luscious strands. I edited the front a little to give me more of that white shine as I was going for a more mature look. Kamoana set in white shell really bring out this outfit to its full potential. You could wear diamonds or pearls but these shells will truly bring out a tropical beauty.



Look #2 Beach - Also from Casa del Shai, this Sea Shell Mailot Dress was a match made in heaven for the new jewelry sets. Its obvious shell theme along with hints of gold really work well with the jewelry and vice-versa. I love how the dress can be an optional swimsuit. I also found these adorable wedge heels at Rave Nation. They are simple and straight to the point and absolutely comfortable looking. You can slip them right off and jump into the water. The skin is also from Lovey's Boutique, which is chai in kiwi makeup. As green is one of my primary colors I have found this skin and makeup combo always at the tip of my selection. The beautiful beachy and casual hair is Lindsay from Frangipani. I was also ecstatic to play with Reel Expressions new window pose set. I must own half of Luth Brodies poses and I must say I am addicted. Reel Expressions poses are never linear.



Look #3 Casual - Seashells never have to be just for the beach. This outfit really focuses on your accessories. I paired our Violet Paua Kamoana necklace with a Gisaci Porta Corsico purse, Quintet bangles in black and Vidalia Pumps in Metallic Noir. I love this simple purse with a bamboo handle and thankfully its modify so you can shrink it (or enlarge it) to your style needs. These simple bangles accent the outfit further without taking any attention away from your true focus (your purple accents). The shoes I couldn't resist. The open toes give a relaxed feel without sacrificing absolute elegance. The outfit of layered black and white tank and jeans are from Tres Blah. Very simple and chic quality. The skin/makeup is from Total Betty from Another Fundraiser which is discontinued. Its one of my favorite skins to wear with very simple makeup that is absolutely versatile with your accessories or outfit. The hair is a pullback from ETD called Gwen. A fun and elegant hairstyle that really compliments the casual clothes and the elegant accessories.



Well, that's it for today. Hope you enjoyed this lookbook!


No comments: